SKSC VOLUNTEER COACH PROGRAM
SKSC offers individuals with the right skill asset to be active coach volunteers with the team. As a SKSC Volunteer Coach, you can make the difference to the team by providing your leadership, time and efforts, all while developing personal growth.
Successful individuals will work in a team environment developing their skills that may assist themselves in the future job market, while contributing to the aquatic community in which they live. Individuals should apply to the position by completing the volunteer coach information packet.
Skills You May Learn By Volunteer Coaching
- Effective verbal communications
- “Team” ( Together Everyone Achieves More)
- Handling of equipment
- Records keeping
- Peer teaching
- Leadership skills
- Hands on learning
Download Volunteer Coach Information Packet PDF
Volunteer Coaching Minimum Requirements
- 15 years of age
- Able to be in water regularly when volunteering if needed.
- Wanting to work with younger swimmers
- Enjoy the team environment
- Want personal growth
- Successful Criminal Record check
- Able to attend volunteer training sessions
- Able to commit to 1-2 workouts/wk Volunteer
- Able to achieve minimum coaching certification by Nov 30th or within 30 days of becoming a volunteer coach.
- NCCP Swimming Teacher Trained: Have completed their WSI or have a current WSI certification
- NCCP Community Sport Coach Trained: Have completed or willing to complete the Community Sport Coach Course (Cost $125)
- NCCP Fundamentals Coach In Training: Have completed the Swimming 101 workbook and registered in a Swimming 101 course (Cost $350)